A Trip to Boise, ID
Part 1
Earlier this year I met two great ladies from the Boise Centre in Boise, ID at the IBTM Trade Show held in Chicago, IL. It took about 5 minutes for us to become friends, and when they heard I had not been to Boise, let alone Idaho, it wasn't long before an invitation to visit their fabulous area arrived in my Inbox.
So last week, I experienced Boise and the surrounding area in all its splendor!
First, a huge thank you goes out to Lynda Alexander and Lori Brown from the Boise Centre for making sure I received an invitation. Second, many thanks to everyone at the Boise Convention & Visitors Bureau for making it happen, and to the The Riverside Hotel for hosting the group. To say you were the most gracious hosts would truly not do justice to your amazing hospitality!
Day 1
I arrived into the Boise Airport on Sunday afternoon. The airport is efficient, well laid out, and convenient to the city (less than 10 miles). It was surprising how many direct flights come into this airport with more being added. I loved the local flavor in the selection of restaurants, and the fantastic artist's co-op where I was able to get some shopping done! Click here to learn more about the Boise Airport.
After a little rest and relaxation at the hotel, it was time to meet the rest of the group and take a tour of The Riverside Hotel. I found the sleeping room to be more than comfortable, with a bed that was absolute perfection! My room overlooked the pool, so I was treated to live music coming from the Sand Bar, which goes on daily and into the evening. The heated pool is open until 10:00pm and at 9:00pm I found myself enjoying it alone, with the twinkling blue lights in the trees above, and the music playing in the background...heavenly! The meeting space is functional and was very busy with groups during our stay. Check out their website for layouts and capacities. Click here to go to the Riverside Boise Hotel site. I understand the hotel is due for some renovation as it is showing some signs of being well loved.
It was then off to the Boise Centre, an incredible convention space in the heart of the city. I would book this venue in a heartbeat. It's new, it's light, it's expanding! It isn't McCormick, but that's the point. We enjoyed a steak dinner that was by far one of the best meals I have ever experienced, and this praise was shared by the rest of the group. No worries about the quality of food at this venue! The management and staff were top notch, and you can rest assured your group will be well taken care of by them. To learn more, click here.
That's it for Part 1, Day 1! There is so much to write about, it will have to be broken down by day. Subscribe to the blog to get the next update and in the meantime, to learn all about Boise and to plan your visit, click here to go to the Boise Convention & Visitors Bureau website.
No comments:
Post a Comment