Yesterday I attended the Twin Cities SCAM JAM 2015 at the beautiful Metropolitan Ballroom in Golden Valley, MN, a suburb just west of Minneapolis. I've attended events here before, but forgot just how gorgeous the facility is, and how perfect for an offsite event! Not to mention, it's right next to the Good Day Cafe, a "must do" breakfast spot! Click on the links to check them out!
The SCAM JAM was an event about fighting fraud and identity theft, not so much meeting related, but important nonetheless. With all of the work we do online, it's important that we keep up with the latest scams. We heard from several experts in the field, Jay Haapala from AARP and Gary Johnson from the BBB, as well as a woman whose elderly mother was scammed out of $47,000. It really made me stop and think about how easily this can happen, how quickly the scammers work, and just how good they are at their trade. I highly recommend checking out both the AARP Fraud Watch Network or the Better Business Bureau for excellent and updated information!
No comments:
Post a Comment